Have you ever wondered how and why the tiniest little human takes up the most luggage and space? In the car, in the house, everywhere!
Seriously, sometimes it feels like you need an entire task force just to get baby, and all the things that they need into the car. And believe it or not, that’s JUST to get to the shops, never mind a day out around Town, or a holiday away.
Here are our ESSENTIALS:
- A change of clothes and a warm jersey– you never know when you might need them.
- Bottles, bottles and MORE bottles. Trust me when I say that it’s always best to take spare bottles. Our car randomly broke down, and boy am I glad that we had bottles with water! Phew – happy baby means happy parents! We are currently using Dr Brown’s bottles.
- Pre-measured formula – we use our formula stacker. Parenting hack 101!
- A burping towel – what a lovely little friend this is!
- A spare dummy – no explanations needed with this one.
- Teething gel (Harper is teething at the moment. We are using a natural non-medicated gel at the moment from Pure Beginnings – marshmallow and liquorice flavour. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t stolen some before!
- Nappies – We have gone green, using Naty Nappies which are super friendly and bio based.
- Wet wipes – I could not highlight this more. Nappy changes, dirty faces, dirty paws, messy tables – you name it, and it can probably be wiped clean. We are using Naty unscented sensitive wipes. They’re amazing and are kind to our planet.
- Nappy bags – Yes, at first I hated using these as majority of them are made out of plastic and to be honest, I kind of gave this a skip until we discovered Naty biodegradable and compostable nappy sacks. These have saved so many situations where there haven’t been any bins in the bathroom.
- Nappy cream – Yes, yes and YES again. There’s no better feeling than knowing your baby has a fresh, clean bottom. There’s nothing worse than nappy rash too, and for this, we use the Naty Rash Cream which is all natural, forms a thick barrier and of course is the green choice for a happy planet.
- Toys – I can’t decide which is more of an essential – nappies or toys. These two saves lives! Spare toys always help anti-tantrums out in public.
- Baby change mat – Oh, but of course. It’s always great to have your own changing mat, knowing that only your baby’s bum has been on the mat.
- A spare blanket – There’s nothing better than being the warmest and cuddliest little thing around. You never know when you might need it.
- Nasal spray – We always keep this in Harpers bag. Different places that we might go could have different air, which has sometimes left our little girl congested. We use Sterimar Nasal Spray – it works instantly!
And that’s it. Such a little human but so many things.
P.S I totally sneak my own things in bubi’s bag. My purse, lipstick, concealer and phone fit comfortably in our Naty baby bag! We love how spacious and user friendly it is.
Happy traveling with your little one and all their things in the BIGGEST bag in the car!
Until next time,
Mycaila – Jade